Hey cichlid peoples

swarvegorilla

Hey fish peoples!!!!!!!!!!!

Thought now I've moved down from Brissy I'd join this forum and see if I can find some locals. In Byron Bay now anyway.

Have a nice 6X2X2 set up. Very very very happy with. More of a display than breeding set up but that will come.

Have a nice garnet sand that the fish seem to love. Lot's of toys like spot lights and submarines.

rolleyes.gif

Anyway right now i have a nice big Rostratus as king of the tank. A big Spilo is his deputy and all is well. Also have dimi comps, lots hongi, electric blues, livingstoni, some sort of flameback, more spilo's and a few mutant hybrids (for science!!!!!!) as well as my beautiful cats, hoplo, eupterus, algae eaters and good old bristlenose.

So she is a bloody beautiful tank and I am over the moon. Always glad to have some critisims to keep me on my toes though!

rolleyes.gif

Have a few other tanks, one which houses a strange little rainbow fish i caught from the dam outside!!!!!

So thats my story basically. Looking forward to getting down and dirty.

hi

have you got a pic of your tank , thats quite a mix of fish you got there , i saw a great looking rostratus on the weekend at a LFS for sale $200 for a 20cm fish does yours get on well with the spilos.

Well I have pics but they are stuck on my camera. Need to get off my buM and get a firewire cable. COming soon anyway!

Strange you should ask about the spilo and rostratus because last night they made a truce and are friends again! But they were raised together and then fell out. So been fighting pretty bad and broke the spilo's spirit. I have kept trying to introduce him until a few days ago when it worked............ you tell me hey?

But the rostratus doesn't seem to do much damage. Rips off scales and fins but nothing compared to what my spilo and dimi comps do to losers!!

The rostratus is one of my first fish and sure chicks hate his spoiled meat colour and huge ugly head but I love him. He is a champion!!!!! Great to watch and really it's his tank so if he wants to eat the occasional hongi or bash a spilo then thats his business.

Course when he gets out of line in a big way it's time to hunt him with the 2 submarines. Heh heh.

guess then you are prepared that you might only have the rostratus, spilos and dimis one day as the others will have come into conflict with the rostratus by the sounds of things.

not really local but closer to you than sydney. i'm in grafton. if you get a chance go and check out the aquarium store in wollingbah, on the road from ballina to lismore, he has some pretty nice looking cichlids last time i was there.

Cheers James

Hey thanks for that heads up!

Will check it out soon, was going to wait for next Brissy auction to get more fish but can never be too sure...........

As for losing the rest of my fish to the dimi,spilo and rost......... well it's worked so far. I have other tanks and mates with tanks, so if it all goes down i can always palm them off. But right now these are some damn cool fish, really do look nice. Lots of aggression but nothing serious.

I have found that if you keep enough big nasty haps together they just display a lot and don't really kill each other. My hongi and cats have lots of rocks and don't take $417 from the haps.

Sounds strange I know but this tank is working........... everyone is bloody fat and cruisy.

And really why keep dimi and spilo's if you don't get to see them hunting in packs and stalking their native prey. Don't want it to sound really evil or anything because this tank is mainly for my sisters new baby to stare at.......

Well it's worth trying excuses like that when people ask how much the filters cost anyway.

heh heh

unsure.gif

Archived