deciding on cichlid

pupz

Your tank is a good size, so all you need to do is decide what you like the look of and you're pretty much off and running. Check out www.fishbase.org for good species data and good pics or www.mongabay.com for more pet-oriented information but still eco/science oriented.

They're all pretty hardy and there are a heap of different looks to go for.

Just bear in mind that if you get a young 'un you're going to have your new mate(s) for about ten years.

Cheers - OziOscar.

Most big SA/CA get pretty lazy as they start to reach their adult size, ime...

The only thing I have kept that is practically non-stop is Rift Lake cichlids... biggrin.gif

Cheers - OziOscar.

hey ozi oscar to ur reply that they live up to 10 yrs

is that meant to be good or bad? meaning i will get bored? or that they will take heaps long to grow from such a small size

when speaking of a pair, male and female right.

would male male pairs be out of the question?

Just because they live for that long does not mean that you must keep them for that long. You can always advertise them on the forum classifieds.

And then pick up something else that might tickle your fancy.

I plan on possibly getting rid of all my riff lakers and gettin a pair of Oscars. But first I must read up more about them.

Water chemistry must surely be changed, temps, landscape should be changed for more aggressive fish smile.gif

Steve

polystigmas are pussies compared with fuscos. plus I reckon the male fusco looks better than the male poly. but I wouldn't necessarily put either in a 4ft.

for a 4ft I really love a nice american. red devils just have SO much personality and they look great. can't go past em I reckon smile.gif

Archived