Can fish bruise?

Ute God

just noticed my cobolt blue M has a browinsh patch on his left side. Is this a bruise? They have been "scratchin" them selves on the rocks by taking a run at it and flicking the side of there bodies on to it. I guessed this is that white itch stuff so i went and got the remedy for it. So hopefuly they will overcome it. But i just wanted to know can they bruise

None of mine have bruised but they sometimes shredd themselves on the rocks dry.gifsad.gif . But if it is a shredding it heals pretty quickly.'

wazza

Here is a picture here. Once again not the best of quality but you get the idea.

I added 2.5 tablets of this stuff to my tank to get rid of the white itch stuff, and the lfs said to add 2.5 when i get home and another 2.5 on monday. Would it be ok to add 2.5 tonight instead of on monday?

-=This is the picture=-

Het ute,

Yeah it just seems like hes taken abit of scales off his side...Should get better soon..hopefully..Doesnt look too serious so im thinking he wil lbe fine mate, just keep adding the medication tablet as advised.

cheers

Richard

Look up ich on google and you will see that you have to have a delay between doses of the medication so that you get the parasite at the necessary stages of the life cycle ... can't remember all the timing details now but it's all on the web.

yes fish can definatly bruise as ive had one of my over curiouse saulosi females get to close to syphen hose when i was doing a water change and got her head sucked up by the hose for a split second that left a black ring around her head..... i healed up pretty quick and does not go near the hose anymore rolleyes.gif as for the pic i have no idea if its a briuse or not

Archived