Do you guy's have meetings

bimbo

Just wondering if you guy's (and girls) have cichlid meeting in newcastle. if you do when are they as i would love to come along if i can.

my girlfriend just moved back to newcastle so i will be down that way most weekends. will be looking for some fish soon as well, just need to finish a few projects and then i can builds a cabinat for my new tank.

Thanks rolleyes.gif James

We organise social bbq's at Spears Point Park usually, but we don't have meetings as such. It's nearly time we had another one, so if you want to meet the locals, stay tuned.

I must admit since being in the hobby i've met more aquarists from Sydney and mmelbourne than i have from my own town

That's the story of the Newcastle scene. We organise a bbq, and 20 or 30 people say they can come and then the day before, most suddenly have other things on and it ends up being a dozen of us, if that. For that reason, we haven't been bothered organising another one since mid last year, but if people start to show interest again, we'll do another bbq.

i'd love to go to one just to put faces to names and to meet other 'fish nerds' tongue.gif .

another thing i would love to do, and i'm sure many others would a s well, is to go on a 'tour' of some peoples fish rooms. i would love to have one one day but first i need a house cause i had enough trouble convincing mum i needed a 5 foot tank rolleyes.gif

James

• 3 weeks later...

Archived