Drip Mat

ITEvolution

Hi,

The sump filter on my 6'x2'x2' has a Perspex drip tray with holes spaced at 25mm but the water is not spreading evenly over the filter material underneath. I will probably double the number of holes but I also want to put a drip mat underneath the drip tray to evenly distribute the water across the filter material.

What material makes a good drip mat and where can you buy it from?

Regards Adam

I have never used a drip tray, but I would guess that a dacron mat (like the filter wool material would probably be suitable. I would probably have it on top of the drip tray, it just seems to make more sense to me.

You can get dacron wool from stores like spotlight or lincraft. It comes in sheets and can easily be cut to size.

Hope this helps. smile.gif

Hi,

My setup is similar to nannat's. I have a piece of perpex which I pain stakingly drilled holes in a grid pattern (1 every 2 cm). This sits on top of my matrix and fairly evenly distributes the falling water.

merjo

I ended up going to my LFS and asking them what I should use... they had no idea blink.gif .

In the end I enlarged and doubled the number of holes with a blunt drill bit. It took me an hour. mad.gif

It made a huge difference.

Cheers Adam wink.gif

Archived