Electric yellow

Cheekie1

Hi, I've had lots of success with removing her from the community tank after one week noticing the eggs in her mouth...and placing her alone in a 10 gal tank with some hiding spots...she always released the fry and looked after them for a week before i'd remove her from them..I've had hundreds of fry from her this way over the years...if shes a unexperienced mother its like the others say she may discard them until she learns blush.gif

Nates method is wat i would use. I always used to strip cause was scared that the mum would eat them and was impatient. I just went on holiday for a week the mothers were in there seperate tank and spat while i was away , one was even in a diy fry saver ice cream container type. Came back to a hundred + fry all healthy and bigger than the ones i used to strip. I take them from the main tank after a week or so of them holding. Avoid the temptation to strip if you can you will be rewarded with healtier fry. Put some plants and rocks in the seperate tank and some snails thats what i did when the mum spits she has plenty of food without hunting the fry.

Archived