first time at aqua bets bondi

Gav

Took a drive tody over to aqua pets at bondi junction. only a small shop, but damn does it make use of every last inch there! very impressive, very very impressive, at least for me. had some awesome little dwarf cichlids there, nice enough to almost tempt me to get some. also some fantastic discus. he is getting there on africans, had about 50 or so species, some really nice ones as well. turns out he imports stuff regularly from germany, particulaly tangs. he is always keen to get more. may be worth looking at for those after tangs. I beleive he also imports many dwarfs as well. still a really nice guy running the place who obviously loves his fish. I remember the place never really was much for cichlids in the past, but now I would say it is well above average, at least in my books

still just wanted to share a very postive visit to a store I hadnt been to in years thumb.gif

Yea Gavin, aquapets is a good store. I get most of my suplies/parts etc from there.

They have lots of species of community fish as well as a few catfish and discus. As far as cichlids are concered they stick to the basics although they have about 15 or so tanks with them in.

When you walk in and go right straight away, they have a few full sized fronnies for sale at the moment there is at least one girl there.

Chris (the polish guy - i think) is a good bloke and is good for advice etc.

I wouldnt say basics on cichlids at all. sure he had some common stuff, but he also has plenty of malawis that are relatively new. also more than a few tangs I have only seen once or twice ever. some of the dwarf species there today I have NEVER seen before in a tank, only in books. for mine that constitutes some pretty unusual stuff. so not sure how they are basic to be honest.

wiLL, you are right, fantastic displays for sure. I am seriously thinking about getting some tangs from there next time they do a shipment, as he can get in anything on the whole sale list. he also said the price will be better the more I get. can't complain about that at all smile.gif

biggest thing for me though, was in the entire shop I couldn't see any fish that were not thriving. just very very healthy and well looked after tanks.

anyone would think I liked the place LOL.gif

Sounds like a great store, i have never really seen any other dwarf cichlids in an aquarium besides the rams and stuff. Must check it out in my holidays.

he also said the price will be better the more I get

Maybe we could get a heaps and split the cost.

that was my thoughts on it hungsta. what better place to get a few people together and organise aa shipment so it costs less eh? he said he would let me know when he is next getting some, and when I know I will post here for sure smile.gif

Archived