Baby Bristlenoses and filter

JJHamer

Hi, i am running an internal powerhead filter with a fast current (not sure output) and I am afraid that it might be sucking my newly discovered baby bristelnoses wub.gif into it. I remove all other fry from the tank before they are released by the mother so as to avoid this problem usually, but this would be near impossible with BN's. As such I have never had the same problem before.

The filter is an Atman 104 (I think, threw out the box) and i have it set to the highest output for maximum circulation.

If anyone can make sense of this post blink.gif and help me out, please do!

Cheers, Vince

I have an Atman 104 and its rated at 2000 l/hr. As for the problem of the dissapering bristlenoses fry I would soggest putting some filter wool inside the bottom of the uptake

that should stop them going bye byes..

BN love the water movement (they're built for life in fast flowing streams in the wild). But as suggested filter wool or a sponge over the intake will solve the problem. You'll still get them climbing into the outlet on occasion but they're less likely to get trapped in that end. I've had them climb into the water inflow from my sump filtration the nozzle of which was actually 5mm above the water level, they can be crazy little buggers.

Archived