Ehiem canisters

Lepperfish

Hi all, i need an ehiem canister filter soon and I was thinking of getting the 2217 but I read here on the forums about an ehiem coming with a heater built it..

Can anyone give me a rundown on the filter? Its for a 4 foot tank.

Cheers

Found this in the pinned techincal section about the filter..

Canister:

Eheim Prof II. It is really handy if you get the one with the built in heater and it is easy to clean because it uses baskets to hold the media. It has some minor problems because of the basket design and an annoying connector for the hoses at the top but I am willing to overlook these.

Anyone using one of these? Price you paid ect.?

Eheim 2328 is an Eheim thermo model, it’s advertised empty circulation rate = 1050 lph. Filled with media, circulation rate =750 lph. It will drop bellow this when becoming dirty.

I have used it for 5+ years without issue. It seems as reliable as any Eheim gear. The only beef I would have with it is the ‘O’ ring is an unstandard shape and can only be purchased from Eheim (take your wallet with you) tongue.gif. It seems to allow air to be sucked in, and get blown through the filter's outlet. Bogging it up with Vaseline didn’t stop this, and the eventual conclusion I’ve come to, maybe incorrectly, is that this ‘O’ ring doesn’t produce as good a seal as a standard shape one, and the power produced by the motor, when the filter starts to get a bit dirty, causes it to put extra pressure on the filter’s ‘O’ ring seal, and suck in air.

Craig

Archived