Photos of Cyathopharynx furcifer “Sumbu”?

CThompson

Dear all,

Have searched the net for a shot of Cyathopharynx furcifer “Sumbu” that depicts a ‘typical’ representative of the species. I've found 3 or 4 different looking fish with this name, and don't know what is a true example.

Does anyone out there have shots of their own fish that they can either post back here, or send to me on an email please.

Crt@ansto.gov.au

Thanks,

Craig

Here are a few pics of young males. Unfortunately I never got any decent pics of them when they were spawning. The silver portions go almost pitch black when displaying, and the green goes quite dark too. The pics don't show it, but there are purple highlights in the silver areas.

You might have more luck if you search for "purple furcifer" or "sumbu foai" as they are classed as a foai, not a furcifer according to Konings.

I'd try and get more pics , but I sold my breeding colony in expectation of getting some wildcaught foai, but the new owner had an unfortunate accident with the tank they were in and lost the lot sadsmiley02.gif

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Andy,

Thanks for your reply and photos. I erroneously posted the name of Cyathopharynx furcifer “Sumbu”, by doing a bit of cutting and pasting (to get spelling right), and didn't pay enough attention to what I was copying.

I'm aware these fish are foai, and it was under the name of Cyathopharynx foai “Sumbu”, I searched, and found several photos all showing shots that I don't consider to be representative.

I will try searching using "purple furcifer" or "Sumbu foai”.

Meanwhile, any further photos anyone could post or send me would be great.

Craig

ohmy.gif thats a sad loss. Oh well at least some of us have some of their babies to keep the bloodline going thumb.gif. Oh that reminds me, is there just the one bloodline of *sumbu* in Aus?

Anthony cool.gif

Archived