Julidochromis sp. "Gombi"

CThompson

Hi Craig,

Very apt timing since I noticed my Gombi's second spawn only last night.smile.gif

My parents were happy to have the first fry (3 months old) living in close quarters with them until about 4 or 5 days ago at which time they were banished. They didn't kill any but make sure they keep their distance. Mine are in a 5-footer so there's plenty of space for the first batch to get away, maybe things would be a little different in a smaller tank.

Cheers

Mike

Were they 'banished' once another group of young came along that the parents saw the older babies as a threat to the new batch?

Or did they kick them out before that?

I bought mine at the last big auction, and counting back once I saw babies, they must have spawned about a week after I got them home. I only have them in a partitioned two footer, so space is an issue.

Craig

I was never able to raise my Julie fry to adulthood, however you can leave the fry in there as long as their older siblings are not old enough to do them any damage...Julie fry can be a challenge to raise to adulthood because they need their parents to raise them to a certain point however, if left in there too long they start killing each other off...

Cheers

Richard

Archived