zebra pleco's L046

pride

was at Auburn on monday. not sure how big they are, thy're not kept in the shop, but they want $1600 each. they also had some yellowish pleco's, cant remember the name for $700, they were in the shop and were about 4cm at the most.

Not when I picked up half a dozen L204 @ $350 a month or two back.

Admittedly 204 's get a bit bigger than Zebs,and are not as "Flash" as they get old, but gee, young ones are every bit as stunning as 46's or better (depends what football team you follow) thumb.gif

Alan

Gee, 6 L204's for $350 would be the bargain of the century !!

Nuh M.R.S. $350 each,, still not a bad price as far as Aus goes at the moment.

Makes you weep tho when adult L129's are selling in the LFS in NZ for $60 ( Like 50 bucks Aus). There has to be one extreme profit on long distance swimmers here.

The price will drop dramaticly once we start breeding a few here. For eg....albino Bristle Nose were $500 ea not so long ago... They can be got for well under $100 at the moment and the price will fall even further as more breeders put fish into the market.

Alan

i think the price of albino bristlenose fell very sharply due to their (my assumption) breeding behaviour. i heard they are not really that hard to breed.

would love to hear the same things about the flash pleco too as it is always a treat to breed fish and especially when the fish is rare and exotic. secondly you will be doing the market a favour by increasing supply, (i hope )

Interestingly enough, I spoke to a very well connected gentleman just on the weekend, and he informs me that a bloke in SA has bred them. I got the impression they are at a saleable size.

He also insisted that these fish will soon be allowed into the country. I argued the point, but I got a nod and a wink.

Food for thought.

Craig

Archived