Pseudotropheus Kingsizei

Lepperfish

Just some general enquires about this fish..

Will it be ok in a community tank with other pseudotropheus species and general mbuna species?

Are they overally agressive and do they need more then one in a tank to be happy or anything like that?

Availability and ball park figure for a price on adults and juvies.

Thanks in advance

WHOAH!! what a lightning fast reply.. Hmm, just give me a run down on them all if there arent too many variants, or just the general ones.. Blue with black bars..

Thats broadband cable for ya.

The only ones im aware of are likoma - the nice blue ones

and

lupingu which the females are a nice gold colour and the males are also gold but can also be blue? (correct me if im wrong about the blue bit)

the lupingu are much harder to get a hold of than the likoma is. And if anyone who breeds these little critters (lupingu) is reading this post please PM me!

My guess would be, Maybe PM show (Kate, Joe) or wait for him to post here,

When i went to his house he had kingsizei there, (Light blue with the darker stripes, females appeared to be duller colour?[if they were the females, i didn't have to good of a look at them])

I'll tell you one thing though, Pictures on the net don't do the fish any justice, lol. They look awesome in real life thumb.gif

From what i saw, the male was pretty agro, lol. He spent most of his time chasing the females around.

Though i was kind of distracted by his archer fish. wub.gif

Anyhows, Good luck with them.

Cameron.

lepper

I have these guys, the likoma variant. I think they are one of the best pseduos to keep in terms of temperament. they only grow to about 9cm or so, and even that is a large male. mine are mainly around 7 cm or so. they dig more than any mbuna I keep. you cant stop them digging, they LOVE doing it. all up though they are a wonderful little fish.

this is my dom male and he is just on 8.5cm. females still stay blue, but not with the same highlights.

user posted image

for fry, well its what you can get em at. shops are doing them from $18.95 to about $25. some even more expensive. at 4cm I generall sell them around the $12 mark. though price changes the more you get, like anything. I have plenty of fry, so let me know if you are after some.

I kept a male in a mixed mbuna tank and he didnt pick on anyone else but can definately hold his own. He locked jaws with the demasoni on a regular basis and came out ok. As someone already said, they love to dig, big time. Theyre like fishy bulldozers!

Archived