Bristlenose

Meredith

Hey

When your BN cats breed should you take the fry out or can you leave them in with the parents. Can you just keep breeding with the last batch of fry in the tank like will they just keep breeding with all of thier batches in the tank or is it better to take them out when they are grown a bit.

Meredith

Dont quote me on this but.

I heard from a friend that you have to leave the fry with the parent for the 1st week atleast because the fry need to feed of the parents poo poo?

Can anyone confirm this for me pls..

Cheers..

I Leave my fry in the tank with the parents and they are still breeding and there are probly about 4-6 lots of fry in there. And they arn't slowying down at all. I have also taken the fry out of the tank just before they are about to leave the males cave but i notice that i loose a few fry doing it this way.

HTH Matt

just to be safe you should probably take them out if you can. ive heard of b'nose not breeding anymore as there are too many fry in the tank, although i guess itd depend on how big the tank is and how "concentrated" the fry are when freeswimming around the tank

I prefer to leave the fry in with the parents if at all possible.

They need to get their digestive system kick started by eating the right bacteria, (snails can also be used for this).

My 4 foot breeding tanks can sometimes have 300 to 400 young fish in with the parents. They will stop breeding if the load gets too much for the tank.

Alan

Archived