Signature sizes

ViS

There have been a few complaints about some users putting "preferred users" in their signatures.

This is fine to do, but as of the end of the weekend, if people don't change the list to an external link, it will be edited out of their signature. We have a limit on signature sizes as some people view the forum at low res still and it is very annoying to read threads that you have to scroll down a lot just to read a few posts.

Do what I have done as an example. I added a preferred user list to my sig, which is hosted externally.

I won't make this a sticky post, but will bump it to keep it close to the top to ensure everybody sees it.

I think it might be a good idea to give a longer grace period on this incase someone doesn't log on over the weekend & doesn't have another copy of their obese list.

Of course I have no list so I don't care tongue.gif but some users might.

Just an idea unsure.gif

Why cant ppl have the list in their sig? As long as the list fits with the size limits, then it should be allowed IMHO.

Josh

It's to avoid having signatures that look like this Josh. Eventually it will become a massive list for too many people.

People that I have had good deals with

Adelaide Ant

Ageofaquariums

Ajk

Andrewp

Anita_ozfish

Aquaticmalamute

Aurea23

Auscanuckafishy

Aussiem

Backyard Bandit

Baz

Ben

Ben 1200

Bijengum

BlackHawk

Bucky

Calvustotherescue

Cannula

Chillipowder

Chipimbi

Chorrylan

Cichlabxr

Cichlid KB

Cichlids_au

Colfish

Dobbin4

E4G13M4N

Fins

Fiona

Fishbits

Fishouse

Forsterfish

Frank’n’beans

Griffin

Isachooky

Jay TT

Kinerata

Lee Miller

Link2hell

Little Swimmer

Lunatic mirage

Magica Dispell

Malawibloat

Marls

Matthew

Mawfish

Mazimbwe

Medowieman

Merjo

Mezzacam

Mountainmark

Nigel

Onlyme

Parkesg

Plecosam

Rol&Jas

Sarah

Searlsey

Serial Cichlid

Shark Biscuit

Sharkbait

Show

Simonauv

Sooty

Sorroz

Thecichlidman

Waz

Wildcaught

Xtreme Aquariums

Yew

As long as the list fits with the size limits, then it should be allowed IMHO.

Dead right Josh.

However let's not forget the maximum size for signatures is 125x100 pixels, which puts yours outside those limits already when you include your graphic and text tongue.gif

We're fairly flexible on that maximum size, within reason of course, but this new trend is just going to make them all bigger still.

We have no problem with the idea at all, which is why we've put our heads together and come up with a solution for you all wink2.gif

The reason I said the end of the weekend is that the few people that have done it so far are regular users and I'd be 99% sure they'll log on at least once this weekend.

If they don't, then I'll PM them and give them a chance to rectify it.

The reason I said the end of the weekend is that the few people that have done it so far are regular users and I'd be 99% sure they'll log on at least once this weekend.

...ok, ok I've deleted the list blush.gif

merjo smile.gif

It's to avoid having signatures that look like this Josh. Eventually it will become a massive list for too many people.

People that I have had good deals with

Adelaide Ant

Ageofaquariums

Ajk

Andrewp

Anita_ozfish

Aquaticmalamute

Aurea23

Auscanuckafishy

Aussiem

Backyard Bandit

Baz

Ben

Ben 1200

Bijengum

BlackHawk

Bucky

Calvustotherescue

Cannula

Chillipowder

Chipimbi

Chorrylan

Cichlabxr

Cichlid KB

Cichlids_au

Colfish

Dobbin4

E4G13M4N

Fins

Fiona

Fishbits

Fishouse

Forsterfish

Frank’n’beans

Griffin

Isachooky

Jay TT

Kinerata

Lee Miller

Link2hell

Little Swimmer

Lunatic mirage

Magica Dispell

Malawibloat

Marls

Matthew

Mawfish

Mazimbwe

Medowieman

Merjo

Mezzacam

Mountainmark

Nigel

Onlyme

Parkesg

Plecosam

Rol&Jas

Sarah

Searlsey

Serial Cichlid

Shark Biscuit

Sharkbait

Show

Simonauv

Sooty

Sorroz

Thecichlidman

Waz

Wildcaught

Xtreme Aquariums

Yew 

unsure.gif I didn't make the list, and here I was thinking I was your favourite person in the whole world. I even offered you a membership to our elite new club. wub.gif

I dont have webspace in which to host my list. And am I to sign up for free webspace simply to have a list of 6 people to link to? I can see what you're all saying about keeping signatures to a certain size but can you also see where I'm coming from?

I don't understand the issue Blakeyboy

As you said, there are places around where you can sign up for free.

Your signature is currently 545x170 pixels which is 7 and a half times bigger than the maximum of 125x100.

Imagine how much bigger it might become if you ended up trading with more than 6 people!

I'd suggest the expense involved with signing up for a free account could just be worth it this time rolleyes.gif

hmmmm...just outta interest, what is with the long lists??

It

would

be

talking

in

a

long

heap

of

short

sentances.??

Why wouldn't you list the people in an orderly fashion anyway?

People I have had positive dealings with;

Andy, Anita, Chuckmeister, Merjo, Fiona, Cichlids AU, Lungy, Blakey, Dark_Meathead, etc,etc.

It isnt about "expense" Baz and you know it, although the comment and the eye rolling really added impact to your statement.

My point being that it seems a little silly to sign up for webspace I have no intention of using, just to put up one single page of text with 6 names on it. Futhermore, what if lists are spaced horizontally and not vertically, with commas separating them? Does that then make them acceptable? I can understand people using low res might find it irritating to scroll down through pages of signature, but it they are horizontal not vertical then is this really the problem? Of course I'm happy to shrink my signature down so it lessens the cost of downloading for you though Baz wink.gif

I will remove my list because that's what has been asked of me. However if it were possible to ensure the list fit into the standard signature size would that be ok? Perhaps I am getting cynical in my old age, or perhaps I've just watched too much X-files, but I find it unlikely that it is the people who frequently appear in lists of recommended users that would have a problem with signature lists as long as they didnt take up half a page. But rather the few users who many of us have had bad experiences with and are known to do a lot of wheeling and dealing would be more likely to find a reason to complain.

Just my 2 cents. The list is gone so noone can complain smile.gif

what if lists are spaced horizontally and not vertically, with commas separating them? Does that then make them acceptable?

If you think that will enable you to fit it all into a 125x100 box, I have no problem with it at all.

However if it were possible to ensure the list fit into the standard signature size would that be ok?

I still have no problem with this, and have also covered this earlier in this thread

I find it unlikely that it is the people who frequently appear in lists of recommended users that would have a problem with signature lists as long as they didnt take up half a page. But rather the few users who many of us have had bad experiences with and are known to do a lot of wheeling and dealing would be more likely to find a reason to complain.

I think you were right about the x-files comment laugh.gif

The only reason this is being discussed is so that we can get everyone's sigs back to within the 125x100 limit. We have found from experience that sigs bigger than this detract from the forum and make it an eyesore to browse.

There is no hidden agenda here sorry LOL.gif

The list is gone so noone can complain

Thank you, that's a good start. Now you just need to reduce your remaining sig so that it meets the 125x100 requirement tongue.gif

Let me reassure you all, there is no problem AT ALL with the preferred user lists. All we are asking is that you link them externally as they will not fit within a normal signature.

I think I am not sure of what is included has to be 125x100 space. On my sig my picture is 160x91. But by time you include my text its well over the limit. I dont mind resizing it but I need to know if the text is include in the 125x100.

Josh

man, just put it as a external link and finished we have no problems.....

it will not hurt you too put it as a external link even thoug its 6 people, it costes for free, and then you can just keep on adding names when you buy or sell something, that way you don have to worry about your signature being big!

Archived