1st mouthfull

Lepperfish

Only saved 2 of the fry but will try and raise them up and see how they go..There the smallest fish I have ever seen, just under 1cm in size. I have them in a 25L tank with tank water from the tank they came from with an airstone.. Feeding them crushed up sera flake at present. Will be investing in a small corner filter tomorrow for them smile.gif

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

thumb.gif

She spat over night so I suspect most would have been culled by other tank mates.

There may be more in there but its in a 4x2x2 with lots of hidey holes, 2 is all I found.. With 5 catfish in there im surprised the 2 I got survived.

More fry keep emerging from the tank.. So far 4 have shown up

Hopefully more wil turn up soon, there so hard to catch cause they can fit into such small places.. wub.gif

Congrats LF.

You will find that the Cobalt Blue Zebras don't generally have a high quantity of fry per mouthful as their eggs are quite large in comparison to other Mbuna - so it it would seem that fewer would fit in the females mouth.

I think ive only had maybe 4 max in my CB mouthfuls… but the female was still quite young too.

HTH

steve

Congrats LF.

You will find that the Cobalt Blue Zebras don't generally have a high quantity of fry per mouthful as their eggs are quite large in comparison to other Mbuna - so it it would seem that fewer would fit in the females mouth.

I think ive only had maybe 4 max in my CB mouthfuls… but the female was still quite young too.

HTH

steve

Yeah my female is still only about 5 months old as well..

Archived