Availability ?

VC10

i did read a post on the american cichlid forum fom a bloke in oz who reckoned they are here, they evidently all came from a few fish smuggled in by some(enterprising?) individual, no doubt theyd be inbred and horrendously expensive by now, maybe try nigel , hed know if anybody

They are here. They wouldnt have been inbred yet as all they fry that came in are still to small. The fish were bought in at about 3-4cm and are very expensive. Not that you could buy them unless some one who has them wants to sell.

Josh

Wow Blakey

You must be blinddddddddddddd blink.gif

ikola,mpimbwe were about $120 + each

Zaire cheapest were $400 at only 2-3cm so thumb.gif

Yes we have them in Aus ...

Give it time till they breed and or hopefully get on the next round of imp list !!!

Cheers thumb.gif

Not blind, just not worth the money IMO. Value is subjective, a fish is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. If someone's willing to pay $400 a fish then great, its worth $400. To me, they arent worth hundreds. Thats my opinion, you dont have to agree thumb.gif

There must be enough people out there that want them or there wouldn’t be a market for them. The price reflects the availability. A high demand and a low number of supplies would justify the price.

I tend to agree, $400 for a fish seems to be alot considering the ones that are in Australia are not that different.

I’m sure there are alot of frontosa experts that would argue that the fish is well worth the price. unsure.gif

Wetfish

One good point is that they will hold there value better then alot of other fish out there, especially most of the Psuedo's. just look at thehongie, How much have they dropped in value since they got here a few years ago. Most of the new Psudeos will be worthless 3-4 years after they get here.

If anyone can say that the burundi 6 stripe that have been inbred for 30 years from a couple of colonies that came into Australia, look the same as Zaire F 1, has not seen them. I had and bred burundi for many years. Later I bought kigomas 7 bar and still breed them, I also have 5 Moba 15 Zaires that are approx 1 year old. I can drop the 3 variants in a bucket and pick a moba or zaire every time I say this because I have done it and the fish are very different. The zaire is not a black and white colour they are navy blue and light blue stripes with a dark blue face and fins if burundi looked like like that I would still have them and saved myself a small fortune.

Archived