african lakes

Neil

Is there any currents within the lakes ?

I have noticed the fish like to swim into a power head flow and let the flow give them a free ride backwards .Looks good fun.

Neil cool.gifthumb.gifsmile.gif

There would certainly be some shore current. Winds blowing over the surface for several hundred km's create decent sized waves on the shore at times, so there would be a certain amount of surge and a shore break area.

i am having trouble with watching the movie and i was hoping you guys and gals could help me.

i downloaded everything from the site and i changed the first file to all files and had exe extension.

every other file i just saved as and used the same name but changed the file type to all files and added a ".rar" to the name.

it still wont extract... help?

I'm not following exactly what you've done mate. The first file is a self-extracting .exe file. You must have all the files in the same directory before clicking on it, as it starts a sort of chain reaction effect. You could always download "winRAR", which is free, and see if having that on your hard drive lets you unzip. I already had it so Im not sure whether the .rar files would've worked anyway? If you can explain what you've done a little better I may be able to help you smile.gif

Yeah Lep you have to download all 30 something files into the one folder. It will not work until you have every single file. Once you have them all, you will notice that the 1st file in the list is an .exe and not a .rar file, meaning it is executable and not an archive. Click on the .exe file and it will go through and extract all 30 something files automatically into one giant movie file. HTH thumb.gif

Does anyone know what format the doco is ? MPEG or AVI ?

Sab, you can get programs for mac that will let you play windows formats..

Just do a web search and you'll find something..

HTH champ. thumb.gif

Sab, you can get programs for mac that will let you play windows formats..

Just do a web search and you'll find something..

HTH champ. thumb.gif

cheers LF for the suggestion. But the problem is with the .exe... these won't work/run on a mac. I can download the whole thing fine but obviously cannot uncompress or run it etc. I could probably run virtual PC but don't want to fork over dosh to buy it.

oh well.. may try and use a work peecee.

smile.gif

steve

Sab, i have a copy thats been converted to "super VCD" or somthing like that.

Anyway, it runs in any DVD player, and also in windows media player only i use a .DAT file to run it. Don't know if this would be any help to you or not but though i'd mention it.......

Maybe you can play .DAT files on a Mac ???? blink.gif

Sab, I'd take up subgirls offer and just get a VCD sent down. Way easier (and quicker) than downloading if your not on broadband anyways... As for MAC's... They are clearly the better machines, but whats the point of having an awesome computer if you can't do anything with it laugh.gif

Archived