DIY lighting help

graceless

Hey guys,

I was wondering if someone could advise me on my lighting plan/idea.

i have 2 sets of 2Xflouro battons (ie 4 flouros in 2 sockets) that i want to connect up to a switch that will allow me to control each set of 2 individually. however, i want this all to run off the one line in from the mains. it is to go in a hood obviously

how should i do it? i have a sketch of how i think i should if anyone wants to host it for me.

Cheers

Grace

You would wire up the switches to each batten, then after the switch connect the active, earth and neutral wires in parallel into your mains. (i.e. the 2 actives together into one active, and the 2 neutrals together into one neutral... 2 earths into 1 earth etc)

I've blown many a fuse tinkering with fluro lights...all I can say is be careful tongue.gif

My advice - get a sparky to do it or use them seperately on a power board, which is essentially all your doing by joining them at mains outlet.

i can understand why a sparky would be the smart choice Duck - and i will get it checked for sure before i'm done.

BUT i don't understand why you think running them both seperately is a better option? just cause then i'm only really worrying about one connection rather than a series?

thanks for your concern/advice tho.

Grace

Archived