just an idea

katanaone

maybe someone has said this already but, what about setting up a forum for beginners, that way members who have been on here for a while can help them out getting used to both fishkeeping and the forum by answering questions which maybe they would be afraid to ask in other forums. this may take a little pressure of the mods and make us more involved as well. the content may include anything from getting them used to the lingo for example IMO and LFS, to answering questions on what fish to house together. when i first joined i had kept fish for a while but i was not very good with computers and terminology, others may be the reverse or the same or both! i'm sure that i am not alone in this idea and at the very least the beginners would also agree.

cheers

You're looking at it... the general cichlid disc. / technical forums are for beginners (and everyone else). I dont think beginners need to be segregated into their own section where they arent exposed to much "advanced" material.

I'm not sure I'd browse a forum that only had questions from beginners - that way here in this forum (and in technical - we have the best of both words).

Yea I agree. Being a beginner, I wanna know as much as i can, quickly. Access to All relevent information from a large variety of sources is extremely important. I dont wanna be limited by a beginners forum and therefore be restricted of info etc. Plus i think we are all in the same boat whether you have kept cichlids for a day or 10 years.

I ask LOTS of questions tongue.gif and i usually get lots of good answers. My 2c worth, im pretty happy with how the forum is at the moment.

Archived