Mail from sydneycichlid.com

Mazimbwe

Most virii fake the "sent from" address so I highly doubt the admins of sydneycichlid.com are to blame, unless it's something worse?

Hi Maz

Sydneycichlid.com has nothing to do with the Australian Cichlid Enthusiasts site (other than some links to it).

Perhaps you should go to the SCP and contact the webmaster, though I doudt it has come from there. I would say that it has come from someone with Sydneycichlid.com in their address book.

Yes Maz it was me - I've been sending you virii. Though they dont infect my linux PC (joking - about sending the virus).

The addresses are forged - they are not really coming from sydneycichlid.com (they just appear that way). I sometimes get emails from webmaster @ sydneycichlid.com sent to my webmaster @ sydneycichlid.com email address (which is a bit freaky LOL!).

wink.gif

Yes Maz it was me - I've been sending you virii.

Ahhh HA!! woot.gif

I knew you were out to get me Dave!! People said I was being paranoid...but it isn't paranoia when they're really out to get you, is it??!! huh.gif

I treated it the way it deserved to be treated...but was just curious about it actually and didn't wanna accuse anyone of anything. The reason I posted is because I forgot there have been huge changes meaning the SydneyCichlidPage is not the same as the AustralianCichlidEnthusiast...thanks for the response Dave and Mark.

damn things, i have a trojan on my comp at the moment that i can't get rid of yet even though it is completely up to date. It is total un related to this topic but thaught id mention it anyways *shrugs*. I havn't recieved any myself.

Anthony thumb.gif

I can be sneaky though. I'm sure I could find a few bored students to help even... I was going to convert actually, solely because I hate others messing with my computer - but was told not to since it would make it too hard for my mum to use and I just conned her into splitting the net bill thumb.gif

Just curious,

Is it the actual "address" that the emails come from that say sydneycichlid, or is it the "name" of the sender ?

If you need an anti-virus program, i've got NOD32 which seems to be pretty damn good.

First scan when i got it caught 4 Trojans already on the PC ohmy.gif ! Hasn't missed any since then..... that i know of laugh.gif I must be getting anywhere from 2 to 10 Netsky.Q/E/D/whatever Viri a day.

A firewall is also essential to internet safety. Zonealarm is a good free one.

I apologize if i'm preaching to the converted/learned.

Andy.

Edit: Forgot what the plural of 'virus' is LOL.

Hi Kimbo -

Linux is an operating system, instead of windows XP, 95, 98 etc. It isnt as friendly as windows though - but that has its advantages. MacOS X which is also based on linux is very virus resistant also.

When I was using Windows I found Zone Alarm very good.

I also use Zone alarm, however a decent hacker could get through it in a matter of seconds...here's hoping they're not trying! wink.gif

Archived