Lethrinops Oculatus

WhiTe_TiGeR

I found a colony of Lethrinops today. After a bit of ringing around found out they are L.Oculatus, thanks to those who helped clap.gif

But i was just after some input as to what would be a fair price for a colony of 3M 5F at about the 15-16cm mark...

cheers

WT -

For L. oculatus - I think the price you are willing to pay is the price. Sorry to be vague, but pricing rarer malawis (and other rare cichlids for that matter) is more about demand than set costs.

As for L. Oculatus - I've never heard of those wink.gif.

I love these guys...they are one of my favourites. Very peaceful fish so don't put them in with aggressive tank mates. Mine are in with O. "margarettes"; this seems to be a great mix. When upset (like when being chased by a net) they dive under the sand. The ones you have are a fab size...I would guess somewhere between the $300-$400 mark would be fair. As Dave said, it would depend on what the prospective buyer was willing to pay. I think around the $40 each mark for fish that size is reasonable.

merjo smile.gif

Thanks for the input, yeah well if your price is close to the mark of what they are worth then im getting them for a very nice price... wink.gif

The moment i saw them i wanted them, even though at first i had no idea what they were, they are quite an unusal/interesting looking fish...

cheers

There was a colony 2M 4 F of these at St George maybe 18 months ago which were about $350.

I bought a juvenile for $40 and it grew very quickly. It was my favourite fish because it had a genuine green sheen and grew quite well. It died when I did a water change and the pH fluctuated so be careful there.

I haven't seen them around lately.

David

Yeah, it was the first time i had seen them in a long time, which is why at first i didnt recognise them, thanks for the advice on the PH. I pick them up on monday so hopefully i can get them breeding soon...

I read that in the wild they are seasonal bredders?? which i thought was kind of weird for a mouth brooder??

Archived