someone direct me to some good quality...

katanaone

i have been trying to set up a tank for my gf for a while now so she can appreciate my obbsession (worth a shot isn't it?) and i need to get my hands on some good quality rams, bolivian butterflies, or dwarf gouramis etc.

but forget anything even the slightest bit aggressive, tank has to be low (i mean very low) maintainance, and i assume she wants it to contain plants.

any directions or alternative suggestions would be good,

thanks in advance.

Hi Katanaone, blush.gif

I admit keeping many species of rams alive is very difficult such as blue and gold ones, but whats wrong with rams such as bolivians which are very hardy and are not at all fussy. Rainbow aquarium at Chifley has some pretty decent Bolivians available most of the time and they are very hardy but most of his are very young. I have bought a few a while back from there and they grow very quick. Excellent prices too. If you need any other info on this matter give us a shout. LOL.gif

thanks for the replies guys, i have seen rams in almost every aquarium but not many are good quality, i had some before that were apparently germans and they were absolutely beautiful in colour and shape, siklid bolivians are beautiful but the same problem applies to them, though kevkoi does make a good point she wouldn't be able to handle rams anyway...what was i thinking blink.gif i think dwarf gouramis are the way to go.

any advice on the varieties available?

The bolivian butterflies from Rainbow are probably the hardiest fish I have ever kept. They are nothing like the imported rams. I highly recommend them as a first cichlid to my friends and they do well in beginner tanks as long as water changes are done once a week or so they do very well even when miss treated.

If you'd been looking a few weeks ago you could've scooped up some of the most amazing looking kribs I've ever seen. They were available on the forum here, they were also rediculously cheap. You might want to do a search for the post and see if you can track down who ended buying them and if they've bred yet. Believe me, theyre worth the trouble of looking cool.gif

Archived