A. Compressiceps "Gold" - What to feed them?

JJHamer

I just bought a couple of these guys at about 1/2 an inch and I was wondering what to feed them. I have put some crushed flake into the tank, but I think I would be better off using some brine shrimp or maybe some blood worms.

Can anyone tell me if I am correct and/or good foods for these little guys. They cost me a lot of money so I want to see them grow up happy and healthy.

Thanks

prepared food contains the necessary vitamins so if they are eating flake count yourself lucky & use it as the staple of their diet. I have some young A.calvus and i think their food preferences would be similar. They wouldn't eat dry food to begin with. Their favourite was frozen bloodworm which i fed them on for several weeks until i managed to get them onto flake. They still love the bloodworm but now they only get it every 2 or 3 days. Just give them plenty of variety and you should be right, and you're well on the way if they are taking dry food. Just mix it up with some frozen and/or live food now and then for optimum growth.

cheers

Glenn

Thanks, I'll get a hold of some baby brine shrimp ASAP, but for the moment they are on frozen bloodworm and flake. I can't really be sure if they're eating the falke, because they are in a tank with my baby cobalt blues (first batch ever laugh.gif ) but they are definitely eating the blood worms.

Cheers

small fry, wrigglers, Mossie wrigglers, live brine(or babybrine), small Glass-shrimp, Frozen daphnia, frozen Brine/baby-brine, crushed pellets...all these things have been fed to my Alto Gold comps at different stages of their growth. I would say the micro-worms might be a good place to start, along with the Daphnia and BabyBrine.

HTH

Archived