some more pics from auburn aqua

enigma

Cool pics enigma..

Hoges I think the coral comes from the ocean ?

Enigma: whats the quality like of Auburn aquariums?

Is it worth the trip out there?

Is it big like St George?

Cheers.. tongue.gif

Lepperfish, Auburn is definately worth a look mate. They've got a huge range and their quality is also very very high. When you're there you might recognise Anthony from the cichlid society working away behind the counter wink.gif

I dont think it as big as St George, but definately worth a look!

Hey Enigma,

Thanks heaps for sharing those photos. it's all a bit exciting for me really, since i started cycling my fish SW tank this week!

Those cardinals - are they still breeding in the display tank? last time i was at auburn (i recommend checking it out if you can - one of the tidiest/clean LFS i've been to) they were doing the wild thing on display to the whole world. it was awesome.

Cheers

Grace

quick question???

Where does the coral that is sold in aquariums come from???

quick answer: from its supplier wink.gif

Lepperfish, as BlakeyBoyR & graceless said... yes it's definately worth a look.

the tanks are clean. water is clear. the photos tell all that laugh.gif eventhough pics are mainly saltwater.

i went to st george only once blush.gif long long time ago, couldn't remember how it was.

yes grace, the cardinals still breed regularly but they say it's difficult to catch the fry and then they disappear.

the 4 survivors are now big enough and were moved to the display tank in front of the counter.

Thanks enigma tongue.gif

More what I was getting at is... is it directly harvested from our reefs??? and if so is it done in a controlled legal setting???

Yes, a lot of suppliers will collect - and i guess since it's a big business it is regulated and legal.

just for an idea on prices, and what's available, check out www.angelfish.com.au that's where i get my live rock from at the moment, and where most of the fish shops in canberra get it from too (so i understand).

some places (direct to wholesalers) will collect to order.. which is nice..

Grace

Archived