Hiding Frontosa

Fozz

Hey Everyone

Could some one shed some light on this for me 1 of my 6 Bar females is hiding in a pot she has been acting a bit odd of late just sitting in a corner moving shell grit about but the last few days she has kept herself hidden away inside this pot I dont think she is holding anything because her mouth doesnt look swallon any other possibilities.

Also the people who have had success breeding fronts could youy reply or pm me with what methods stratedgies worked for you I am having a bit of a hard time thankyou to everyone who replies

Fozz

ive found my fronts to be extremely sensative and easily offended, one only has to look at the other one the wrong way and they sulk for days , you dont say how old yours are but if the female is over 18 months old it could be a precursor to breeding, good luck

I believe that they are over 18months as I bought the three as a breeding colony and I am pretty sure they have breed before I hope it is a precursor to breeding fingers crossed it would be nice to have a little taste of success smile.gif

hey Guys

Well it doesn't look like my front is holding I caught her eating today but she doesnt leave the pot she only stuck her head out to grab a few pellets of food should I take the por out or will that just make my situation worse by making her stress it just seems such a shame to have such a beaut fish hidden like this.

thanx

Fozz

i can rember reading about this but i cant remember the book but the text was something like "when breeding there should be plenty of caves for females to hide in" maybe shes read the same book, or more likely shes being harassed by the other female who wants to breed, one of my females hides all the time but as long as she comes out to eat everythings ok, if you take out the pot youll upset the dynamics of the tank, in that everbody is happy(including herself)that shes in the pot and coming to no harm, in a few weeks time it may be the other girl in the pot ,but shes safe where she is and one fronty can easily harass another to death sadsmiley02.gif so im with anita ozfish leave the pot in

I'd recommend leaving & possibly adding pots, or cylindrical coverage for scaredy fronts.

Does anyone have a view on whether fronts like/dislike highly oxygenated water? I think I remember reading somewhere that due to the depths they are found in, the water doesn't need too much O2.

Vince

woot.gif

Thanx everyone who has responded last nite I couldnt sleep so I got up and watched my fish this normally helps me sleep any way the female in question was out and her and the male looked as though they wer trying to get there freak on until my girlfriends cat pounced at the glass and scared them mad.gif but it seem all is well and hopefully will get better in the near future thanx again.

Fozz

Archived