Going away for 3 days

Aquaman

Hi Folks,

Anyone have any creative ideas for how to keep fry going whilst away (3 days).

They're about 4 weeks old - has anyone ever left fry this old without food for 3 days - would they be OK? Would there be any permanent effects on them? I suspect it may stunt them...?

Any creative ideas would be well appreciated thumb.gif , I don't have time or money to buy an automatic feeder right now...

Cheers

Richard

At 4 weeks old I would just leave them.

My rainbows had fry and I left them by themselves for the weekend and a long weekend as soon as they were hatched.

Great stuff folks - thanks for the replys thumb.gif

Hey,

I have left adults and fry ranging from 1 week old to 4 months old for over a week. There was no problem, when I got back they were just a bit skinny. Leaving them for 3 days will have no impact on the future growth rate. Just make sure the water is clean b4 you go. thumb.gif

Grant

I think they'll be OK,

I'll put in some floating pellets they can pick at over the days...

Whatever you decide to feed them for the trip, you will need to be sure it isn't something that will begin to rot in 3 days. I recommend quality algae/vege disks as these usually go a couple of days no problems. I would not recommend just regular food (ie. pellets) as this generally will begin to decay and fungus after a day.

Arrived home - all eaten and everyone seems happy, so a succuessful outcome thumb.gif

Archived