Whats wrong with Whitey?

grungefreek

Hi guys, my female betta is a little sick. She has been fine, but now all of a sudden she has clamped fins, looks as though she cant move her tail properly, and her body and fins have blood showing on them, not bleeding as such, but u can see from the pic what i mean.

Betta

Tank parameters. 10 gal, heavily planted, other occupants: another female betta, 4platys,Sae,Oto.

Cant provide actual chem params, dont own any test kits. But the tank is heavily planted, all plants growing well, Co2 injection, so i would say nitrates would be very low, no ammonia. Filtration is a 570LPH HOB, no other fish show any signs of sickness. Been feeding them frozen blood worms.

OK thanx for any help

You link to the picture doesnt work? sadsmiley02.gif

Sorry to hear about your sick fish. Can you see anything wrongt or are there any parasites you can see. Bleeding or haemorrhaging in the fins could be caused by some kind of bacterial infection or small parasites causing damage. The picture would help.

In the mean time - You might try using some salt in the tank as a general tonic.

Hey Guys,

If the picture doesn't work, right click on the x or the website icon as is the case with this one. Then select properties. Then highlight and copy the url. Then close that window and paste url in address bar, press enter and hey presto.

Thankyou to the person who explained this on another thread, I can't remember who it was. Hopefully it can help some others as it has helped me countless times with those pics you want to see but they won't work.

Jamie.

Poor Whitey Died sad.gif . Maybe it was bacterial from the frozen bloodworms i had been feeding her. She didnt get chased by the other female, she used to chase my other female if any chasing was to be had. So i dont know what it could of been. I really liked her too and was going to see what her offspring were like, i hope i can find another pure white female. Thanx for the help anyways guys, ill have to work on getting my pics to work properly.

Archived