OT: Michael Simon

siklid

sadsmiley02.gif As you can see i have decided to do this as a tribute for my late brother, Michael Simon. I dont know if this is the place to put something like this or write about this stuff, but i feel my brother would have want me to. this article may contain some stong and emotional language so i suggest you not to read if you arent emotionally stable. Anyways here's a little of the story.

Fisherman's body recovered

Date: 17/10/04

Police have recovered the body of a fisherman who died after falling into rough seas south of Sydney.

Divers located the 21-year-old man's body about 8.30am (AEST) on Sunday near popular fishing spot, Henry Head, a police statement said.

The man was fishing at Cape Banks, La Perouse about 3pm (AEST) on Saturday when police believe a ledge crumbled beneath him and he fell into the water.

Witnesses alerted emergency services and a search began in the area, where it was believed the man had been swept into one of the many sea caves that dot that part of the coastline.

Police, Water Police, ambulance officers, local surf lifesavers and the Westpac LifeSaver helicopter were involved in the search for the man, and his body was spotted in a cavern about 5pm (AEST).

With fading light, rough conditions and an incoming tide, rescuers were unable to throw a floating line around the body so it could be pulled out of the cave by the helicopter.

The operation to retrieve the body resumed at first light.

The body was taken to Glebe Morgue to be formally identified and have a post-mortem examination conducted.

As use can see this is a tragic story about my older brother who was the worlds best fisherman, scientist, uni student, cichlid keeper and best brother anyone can ever dream of wub.gif . Fishing was the only thing we didn't do together. This loss has still not hit me yet. My brother and i were and are regular visitors to this site although we did not post too many topics we were amazingly into this great hobby.

For some reason my brother was not recovered the day he fell, supposedly things such as rough conditions and it was getting late. His body floated all afternoon and all night until he was recovered. This may be a late notice, but anyone is welcome to pay tribute and their respect to a great fishkeeper. My late brothers funeral will be held at 10:30am on the 21st of October. Anyone on this forum is welcome to attend this funeral and i would be most grateful if i could see and talk to a few fellow fishkeepers as my brother was the only person who would frequently have conversations about fish and now he is gone. The church is St. Catherines greek Orthodox church at Coward st. Mascot.

If anyone needs to talk or find out any further info my mobile number is 0402510256.

Hi -

I'm really sorry to hear of your loss. I am no longer the webmaster here at ACE forums, but I'm sure the admins wont mind me saying on behalf of everyone here, that we'll be thinking of you tomorrow.

With sympathy -

Dave aka YeW

Sorry to hear about your lose and such a young life was taken..

You never know when your time is up so make the most of what you got now.

My deepest condolences siklid mad.gif

I have lost friends before, but cannot even begin to imagine what it would feel like to lose my brother.

You will have all our thoughts with you tomorrow, and there are plenty of shoulders here if you need to talk.

Don't be afraid to ask for support as you deal with this, it's a burden that should not be carried alone.

Geeze mate - thats tragic. Im so sorry for you and your family. As a person who does a bit of rock fishing form time to time it really shakes you to the core when you hear of someone known to you or a friend who is taken.

My deepest sympathies are with you and the whole family tomorrow siklid

Steve

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and your feelings towards me my brother and my family. I might not be the smartest or wisest person around, after all im only 17, but i would like to thank all of the people who have made the effort to show your condolances and sympathy. My departed brothers life was devouted greatly to fish and fishing and he passed doing what he loved. He just happened to be in the wrong place on the wrong rock at the wrong time. I was not with him that day, he was with a friend from down the road, but i wish i was to stop him from walking on that ledge that broke. Just to clear up the story a bit he was a very strong swimmer and if he had fell in the water he would have had a chance but seeing that he landed on a large rock 7 or 8 meters down head first it would have been less painful. Sorry for all the graphic detail but i just want the world to know about my best brother and best friend and the truth that the media does not always seem to tell. unsure.gif

This passing has been very tragic and very hard for my family to cope with, but as humans are designed to live on and cope with tragedies like these, we will not forget.

Addressed to serial-cichlid....

You might remember two brothers who came to your house and recieved a 3 foot tank off you with a red ford laser, well the one that drove was him. I just thought you would like to put a face to his name.

Daniel simon.

Really sorry to hear about your brother man, thats tragic.

I have a friend who lost hes brother not long ago either, stay strong and keep your head up, you may lose something today but gain something tommorow.

All the condolences and sympathies to you and your family.

Daniel

I remember you and your brother now. It was the same morning, that one of the big matches of Euro 2004 was on. We all didn't get much sleep that morning laugh.gif.

Now I can put faces to names, both of you were cool and I could tell you were very tight. Also anyone who drives from Mascot all the way down to Fairfield West for a fish tank in my eyes is definitely keen on fish. You both sound a little like me, fish, fishing and soccer. thumb.gif

I know it'll be tough mate but stay strong and just try to remember how your brother really lived and the things he enjoyed most in life as it will help you stay positive.

Regards

Paul

There isnt a whole lot I can say that can really do the situation justice mate. I too lost a brother, but not in the same way as you so I do know how you feel in some respects. Nothing any of us can say is going to make it hurt any less but time will help your life will move on. Remember the awesome things you did together as brothers, not the way in which you lost him.

All the best mate,

Blake.

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss, I've lost a close family member too, and there isn't words that can ease the pain.

So, I won't tell you to be strong, you already are, otherwise you could have never written the post.

Just let me say that after a very long time your thoughts forget the tragedy and only remember the great times you and your brother shared.

Stay tight with his memory.

glenn

I've lost a very good friend abruptly and I was devistated, I can't imagine how I'd cope with loosing my brother! Echo Glenn's sentiments about being strong, I don't think I'd be able to post/openly talk about it so soon. sadsmiley02.gif

condolences to you and your family, remember the good times

ohmy.gif sorry to hear dude sad.gif, couldn't imagine losing one of my Bro's, i'm sure all of us here will have a beer (or coke) in honour of your bro. RIP Siklid.

Anthony unsure.gif

Archived