heating fish room

odaski

Hi there

I am going to be using an electric oil filled heater and a wall mounted electric fan to heat mine with a theromstat controlling the temp. If I have the cash I would go for reverse cycle but until I can get an improved cash flow it will have to do. It will do the job nicely and I live in a cold winter town.

HTH

rosco

For the price of a fan and an oil heater you could get one of the 1-1.5 hp split aircon these are heaps cheaper nowerdays $400.

Neil

For the price of a fan and an oil heater you could get one of the 1-1.5 hp split aircon these are heaps cheaper nowerdays $400.

Neil

This is true but I already have both of them before I installed ducted heating and cooling. If had to buy them I would get a split aircon as I did see a 1.5hp advertised for $450 yesterday which did surprise me. I think that with the amount of insulation that I am putting into the room it would do the job nicely. Especially since my fish room is not all that big as fish rooms go. When they blow up I think will get a split system to replace it (but hopefully not for a while laugh.gif ).

cheers

Rosco

hmmm a reverse cycle a/c system would be great for summer cooling, spring and autumn (and if I can work out a pace to park the external unit I just might get one for that rol) but I wouldn't count on one holding a fishroom at 25 degrees when it's minus 5 or 6 outside.

For perth conditions?.... I'd think they're just about perfect.

Laurie your talking about a 30degree swing, thats obviously massive, even still a RC/AC unit is going to be ultimately better than any other way I can think of, the most important part of the whole room is going to be the insulation. This will save the AC unit or oil heater or whatever you decide on from burning out. If your worried you could always run an oil heater in the room with the AC in winter to share the burdon.

Archived