Sexing greshakeis

Lepperfish

I pulled this from http://www.cichlidcircus.com/redtopcobaltzebra1.html for you:

The males are almost always a brilliant "Ice Blue" color (once matured), with deep orange/red coloration to the dorsal and caudal fins. Females are usually a brownish/grey and the fin colors are the orange/red color of the males, but significantly less spectacular. Juvenile fish will display roughly the same colorations of the female, along with some faint vertical bars.

Going by that Id say you have one male and one female mate. Beyond the obvious colour difference, the top fish seems to have an elongated dorsal fin which trails off to a point, the anal fin too comes to apoint albeit a lot less pronounced. Also, the top one has egg spots and the bottom doesnt, Im not sure if these are sure-fire ways to sex greshakei but it makes me lean towards the 1m 1f answer.

Well if they are male/female/ I mght set up a 3 foot tank for them and see if they can get any fry happeneing..

But will 1 male and one female be enough? Will the male need more females or will the 2 be ok ?

I think the ratio is 1 male to 3 females?

Advice taken on board blakeyboyR...

He is quite agressive in my tank now and is dominate.. MY Saulosi male appeared dominant at 1st but then the grehakei superceeded him..

Now to find some more females..

Archived