rare dwarf cichlids

mcandros

hi

i was curious if anyone was selling any rare dwarf cichlids that r on the verge of becoming extinct.

if anyone has any that they would like to get rid of or sell please notify me as i am trying to breed rarer species at the moment and preserve them.

thanks

andrew thumb.gifwoot.giflaugh.gif

I dont know about west africans but all of the apistos have a blanket allowable import listing so in theory you should be able to approach an international importer and get whichever species you are after from overseas. Just take a bit of time to research which ones you want before you order them. I think the Sydney Cichlid page has a list of speceis that are rare in Australia, you may want to check that out if you want some ideas.

You might want to try Slippery Little Suckers in Sydney, they have recently imported some rarer apistos, some which I havent seen ever, and some which i havent seen in ages.

I believe Apistogramma trifasciata is amongst those available. I used to have these maybe 3-4 years ago and never seen them since. A really underrated apisto which is really quite easy to breed and spectacular finnage and colour..

HTH

Vincent

Andrew -

Are you relatively new to Apistos? If so - I'd recommend you have a stab at some of the hardier species (not necessarily Apistos) first - Nanacara anomala and Papiliochromis altispinosa before you move on to the harder Apisto types.

These (Apistogramma) are a great group to be interested in - but are very challenging to keep and breed in general.

HTH -

Archived