Aulonocara hueseri "Likoma Island"

Serial-Cichlid

I know I wont regret the purchase, unless I get them home, and due to inadequate tank arrangements they all get whooped... Hmmm I do have a day off tomorrow, and tomorrow is payday... I wonder if Nigel will be home... blush.gif

See what you've done Paul? I should have never got broadband and just kept ignoring the picture forum LOL.gif

do you have them breding paul i have a colony of these guys they are my favourite fish

Sure do mate.

All fry have been sold bar the few I've kept for myself for future breeding.

Cheers

Paul

ohh really bummer know of any one getting rid of females i need some and i gotta get rid of some boys what conditions do you run them at mine havent give me fry yet held a few times then spat too early any advice they are in with acei tanzania

Trent

They're a rather mild fish and they're not too difficult to breed. I kept a colony of 1 male to 4 females (1 female died though due to moving around and rearranging the fishroom) with P.acei "Msuli Point" and Electric yellows and each female would hold every month - month and a half.

These were the wild caughts that Nigel brought in. The first few mouthfuls they would spit/swallow but now they're breeding regularly.

I haven't kept the P. acei "Tanzania" so I can't give you advice on their aggression levels or whether they're a suitable tankmate.

What I would recommend is you keep your best male and sell the other 3 to anyone looking for display fish. I put up a post in this photo forum with video clips in it. There is one there with the hueseri spawning so check it out. I've seen them spawn basically anywhere on ie a flat rock or in a cave or a little pit.

HTH

All the best thumb.gif

Cheers

Paul

Archived