vieja maculicauda

vieja

I have a couple of 3" juvies, one nursed back from some sort of infection. I like them but they don't seem to be too common, maybe unpopular? They become quite spectacular adults IMO

i agree with the others they are beaut fish. unfortunately in my experience (in an LFS) they dont sell too well. however, as PGR said above, grow them up a bit and sell them on here, or at the auctions as they seem to be quite popular with people in the know.

cheers mate

Hi Vieja -

If you are a member of the NSWCS you shouldnt have too much trouble getting rid of your fry, though they may not sell as well as other species. Despite this, they arent the most common american - so you should have a reasonable time selling them :D!

Nice fish - congrats!!

the big problem with most, if not all the vieja group, is that they all look boringly silver until they get over about 5-6cm, even then they aren't anything special till 10+cm, so people not in the know pass on what becomes an absolutely stunning adult fish.

Hi Guys

In my experience, black belts seem to be most popular when they are in the 10-15cm size range. At that size they have developed into a stunning yet manageable fish. Once they get past 15cm and on up to 30cm plus, while still a stunning fish, they can become quite a handful.

Cheers, Doug

Archived