THORICHTHYS MACULIPINNIS - (formerly T. ellioti)

auritus

I have just had yet another spawn of these great fish.

If you are an American Cichlid Lover these guys are must!

I won't say too much as the pics will tell the story!

This is the original breeding male

IPB Image

IPB Image

These are a new pair I have just managed to bond and they are currently guarding a batch of eggs.

IPB Image

IPB Image

I have a fair stock of these fry now so if anyone is interested in getting some you can contact me for further details via pm or email.

CHEERS

Andy

these are one of my favorite fish, my pair are fully grown now and show some stunning colour "especially when breeding"

won't be too long till there more common in Aus as very easy to breed and raise the young.

from what iv'e read though there's still some confusion of the naming IE : THORICHTHYS MACULIPINNIS "Ellioti"

these are one of my favorite fish, my pair are fully grown now and show some stunning colour "especially when breeding"

won't be too long till there more common in Aus as very easy to breed and raise the young.

from what iv'e read though there's still some confusion of the naming IE : THORICHTHYS MACULIPINNIS "Ellioti"

Yes there is still debate about the correct name for this species to guarantee more stability in nomenclature.

This is a GOOD article about the topic

Cheers :thumb

fish look great, are these compatible with african rift lake species?

Cheers

These are Central American cichlids Nathan, so they really do prefer water conditions conducive to that particular geography.

This means aspects such as the KH and pH can lead to problems in the health of the fish, so I would say better not. [besides, some of these guys are real bits of work when it comes to getting their own way and size hold no barriers to them, if you get where I am coming from!]

:dntknw:

HTH

CHEERS :thumb

Archived