S. tinanti babies

anchar

Hi all,

Just finished the feeding rounds and discovered a batch of tinanti fry clap.gif Unfortunately they are in with my nasuta so I hope they don't become dinner unsure.gif

Thanks for the fish Sooty...you did well sexing them at that size smile.gif

merjo smile.gif

Hi Luke,

To be honest, they are still in the holding tank that they were put into when they arrived from Sydney. I put the four tinanti and 4 nasuta into a 4 x 18 x 14 tank to quarantine them.....they never got moved out blush.gif The nasuta are awaiting the 6 x 2 x 2 and the tinanti were going to go into a 3 x 2 x 2...hasn't happened yet tongue.gif

Therefore the tank that they spawned in has a pH of about 8.4, seriously decked out with limestone and crushed coral substrate. Therefore I was very surprised to see them. There are about 40 at a guess wub.gif

merjo smile.gif

Hi Merjo,

Congrats on the tinanti. clap.gif

You are a legend, I have known people here in Melbourne that had the touch that you obviously also have, that is the ability to spawn whatever fish you have in your possession.

By the way tinanti are supposed to be very particular about their water conditions and hard alkaline is just not on. LOL.gif

Next you will be telling us that the nasuta are spawning as well LOL.gif

Well done. thumb.gif

John.

well done merjo,!!!

that makes two of us with unexpected fry in the last few weeks!!

i'm still unsure of the exact number of fry i have but closest count is around 20. some dissappeared before i was able to remove the petricola i had in with them. DOH! i too had them in a holding tank.

Archived