Silver Aro's

Alex

I heard there are some silver arowanas at Slippery Little Suckers and Ideal Aquariums in Sydney? can anyone confirm this for me? as im in Perth and its a little hard. From what i hear that are a good size and price.

Alex

ideal aquairums has no more. they were selling 3'' silver for about $80, but this was 5 months ago. i went there the other day and i didnt see any in the tanks. they turn half off there tank into marine now. maybe next year they would have some. but people could just bring them in and sell it to them so yeah.

give them a call if you like on 02 9723 0210

tran might have them on 02 9726 6669

or atlantis on 02 9725 7699

try them all and see what you come up with

cheers

minh

I dare say what you saw were either jardinis or leichardtis not silvers.

So nobody has been there to have a look? i hear they are exceptional quality not the small frail ones that sometimes make the rounds and are a bargain price!

i went there today and saw a super red about 4''. man they want $6000 for it. i dont think it worth that much. you can proble get 1 for about $3000 to $4000 at other place.

and yeah there were saratoga. not a silver. sorry dude.

Please pardon my lack of knowledge, but are 'silver arowanas' referred to tin this thread the true 'Asian Arowana' (ie CITES protected) or are we talking about something else?

Cheers - OziOscar.

Thanks for setting me straight on the origin.

I guess my snafu is why some folk keep puching to try to use scientific naming as the norm in here rather than common naming. <<cheeky grin>>

Again - my thanks!

Cheers - OziOscar.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

silvers are being bred locally in queensland, you can get them for as little as $250, i guess you have to wait till next season to get some more, the market was flooded with them at one stage, thats why price dropped dramatically, same with RTG's they have dropped also but these i dont belive are being bred here yet.

nick!

any1 for the phone number for monacco?

wow...it's amazing how cheap silver aros are in asia...

i just came back from a shop (in singapore) that sells arowanas....

they were selling ~12cm aros at $20 SGD

shock.gif

below is another shop selling bigger ones in bulk

user posted image

Hi All,

Auburn has some 15cm silvers ATM. Pretty good size and good orange/red colour to the fins. They are going out at $400ea. We also have one slightly deformed silver at 20cm for $100 if anyone wants a cheap start, he has character.

All are eating Hikari food sticks. check them out if you are interested.

Regards

Anthony

Auburn Aquarium

115 Parramatta Rd

Auburn 2144

(02)96485200

Archived