Cichla

zerospel

Hey guys

Just want to know if these fish are available at any sydney lfs at the moment?

Dont seem to see any at the stores for a while now...

And from what Ive read in the past there were only C.monoculus and the others arent available is this right?

I don't mean to bad mouth Norm and don't know him personally (only through recieving great service in his shop), but ALOT of "temensis" have come through there, and later been re-identified as monoculous. As is the case with the "temensis" coming through every other shop I have seen stocking them.

At 12" though, it should have been obvious as dogs balls which species they were.

*keeps his fingers crossed there are temensis in the country*

I told Norm ages ago they were monoculus, I got the............ "importer" said they were Timensis so i'll lable them as Timensis, routine. Norm play's stupid somtimes. If he thinks he will sell more of the fish under a different name he'll use it. I havent been to his shop for more than 2 years nearly now but back then he wouldent take advice from anyone. The same thing happened with some so called S.jurupari that came in. Unless some have come in very recently there monoculus.

Tim

Hi Guys

Tim is 100% correct in what he says on the Cichla that are available, he spent months researching the fish when they first showed up back when he was running his own "Big Fish" forum :D before it became part of the SCP :^:

These fish were offered as everything but Monoculus

On Norm and naming fish to sell I can tell you he has not changed his practices in the near 20 yrs I have known him, since he was originally selling from his garage to him buying Riverside (after it moved from Marrickville to Campsie) I doesn't matter what you tell him as he already knows what is right on most cases

His business is to sell fish and he does this pretty good, just make sure you know what you are looking at :rolleyes:

They are a great pair of fish there Lungy

:p L2H

Archived