Stuck in driftwood

adamgatt

Hi all

One of my Apisto males got stuck in a hole in some driftwood. No idea how long he was in there for but I managed to get him out. I've got him in a hang on the back breeder box with some water agitation. He's been laying on his side moving with the current aimlessly for a few hours with a kick or two every so often. Gills are still moving.

Can anyone suggest anything I can do to help the poor bugger recover?

Hey Adam, 

Melafix ? This is what they say about the use.

I have used this before and some have survived .. worth a shot ?

MELAFIX™

API® MELAFIX fish remedy is an all-natural antibacterial treatment that works to treat infections in fish. Common bacterial infections are open wounds and abrasions, tail rot, eye cloud, and mouth fungus. MELAFIX fish remedy also promotes regrowth of damaged fins and tissue. Product may be used when adding fish to an aquarium – particularly to smooth the transition from store to home – and if an infection is suspected, but not yet diagnosed. Some fish bought in pet stores are already carrying diseases at the time of purchase, which may be difficult to detect in its early stages. API MELAFIX fish remedy will not adversely affect the biological filter, alter the pH, or discolor water.