MattG_Sydney

CADE - Freshwater Aquariums

Posted (edited)

Hey Folks, Anyone with a Cade aquarium want to provide their experience with the brand/quality ? I have narrowed it down to a custom build or a cade 1800mm (6 ft) as my indoor aquarium. I have done a quick search here and only found one entry talking about the backgrounds. 

Cheers M

Edited by MattG_Sydney

Update. Ended up ordering the Cade. Bit of a wait.. but the quality looks amazing. If anyone else is interested getting a cade let me know I can always tell you what is possible.. 

How long do you have to wait?

Posted (edited)

6-8 weeks. Hopefully sooner. I think they only bring a few every month. With COVID, most are sold even better they reach land. 

Edited by MattG_Sydney

OK, that's not too bad at all, plenty of time to order all the goodies to go with it. I'm jelly, CADE are beatiful.

15 minutes ago, Beaz said:

OK, that's not too bad at all, plenty of time to order all the goodies to go with it. I'm jelly, CADE are beatiful.

Lol.. Thanks mate.. yes it is going to be fun shopping.. then smuggling all that to the house.. my Mrs will be like what the.. 🤯

12 minutes ago, adamgatt said:

What's your stocking plans? :)

I am putting my Chumbu Frontosa in there.. then need to find some complementary other smaller (but big enough they won't be dinner) to go with them.. now I need to think about that too 🤣

That's the fun bit, mate! I have 1 tank in my new room that I am yet to decide what to get for it. Only a bristlenose in it at the moment.

18 minutes ago, adamgatt said:

That's the fun bit, mate! I have 1 tank in my new room that I am yet to decide what to get for it. Only a bristlenose in it at the moment.

I remember.. is this the 4 ft tank you had empty? I like the Neolamprologus leleupi.. have seen them with frontosa before.. maybe some of them.. let’s see 

Bought 30 kg of Dragon stones today along with a Fluval FX4 filter for the set up. Seems the tank may arrive around end of July so getting ready 😄... 

Anyone here use Fluval LED lights ? I had a look at AI, Echotech and Kessel lights.. any ideas and feedback welcomed 👌

Do you use their products @Beaz ? If so do you mind telling me more and posting a photo or two when convenient please? Thanks very much.

Reason being the website photos are not the best.. also can the light colors change using an app ? Ie more Blue etc.

Edited by MattG_Sydney

2 hours ago, Beaz said:

have you checked out MMLED

Love their stuff.

I'd recommend checking out some online reviews of their products.  @Chuckmeister has a few videos on his youtube channel where he talks about his experience with MMLED lights.

@MattG_Sydney Mate I do use their version 1 tubes they made a few years ago, but they have updated to new stuff since, which looks great. I like the panels. As far as the tubes go, they perform like on day one after about 6 years, no wear and tear (water/ rust/ calcium marks) at all.

They have heaps and heaps of control options, I use the 24hr. programable controller. I'm pretty sure the new version has an app.

1 hour ago, Skippy said:

I'd recommend checking out some online reviews of their products.

Yes, definately, I have the old controller box and I think it''s quality mediocre. A mate has the newer version control box, I will have a chat and try to compare.

I'll try to post a pic - never done that before 😕

• Thanks 1

@Beaz Thanks mate .. very much appreciate your help. Just found a YouTube video and looks good. Also found a 10% off voucher so I might jump in and get some once I have had a chance to read some reviews etc.