Hey Folks, Anyone with a Cade aquarium want to provide their experience with the brand/quality ? I have narrowed it down to a custom build or a cade 1800mm (6 ft) as my indoor aquarium. I have done a quick search here and only found one entry talking about the backgrounds. 

Cheers M

Edited by MattG_Sydney

Update. Ended up ordering the Cade. Bit of a wait.. but the quality looks amazing. If anyone else is interested getting a cade let me know I can always tell you what is possible.. 

6-8 weeks. Hopefully sooner. I think they only bring a few every month. With COVID, most are sold even before they reach land. 

Edited by MattG_Sydney

15 minutes ago, Beaz said:

OK, that's not too bad at all, plenty of time to order all the goodies to go with it. I'm jelly, CADE are beatiful.

Lol.. Thanks mate.. yes it is going to be fun shopping.. then smuggling all that to the house.. my Mrs will be like what the.. 🤯

12 minutes ago, adamgatt said:

What's your stocking plans? :)

I am putting my Chumbu Frontosa in there.. then need to find some complementary other smaller (but big enough they won't be dinner) to go with them.. now I need to think about that too 🤣

18 minutes ago, adamgatt said:

That's the fun bit, mate! I have 1 tank in my new room that I am yet to decide what to get for it. Only a bristlenose in it at the moment.

I remember.. is this the 4 ft tank you had empty? I like the Neolamprologus leleupi.. have seen them with frontosa before.. maybe some of them.. let’s see 

• 2 weeks later...

Bought 30 kg of Dragon stones today along with a Fluval FX4 filter for the set up. Seems the tank may arrive around end of July so getting ready 😄... 

Anyone here use Fluval LED lights ? I had a look at AI, Echotech and Kessel lights.. any ideas and feedback welcomed 👌

Do you use their products @Beaz ? If so do you mind telling me more and posting a photo or two when convenient please? Thanks very much.

Reason being the website photos are not the best.. also can the light colors change using an app ? Ie more Blue etc.

Edited by MattG_Sydney

@MattG_Sydney Mate I do use their version 1 tubes they made a few years ago, but they have updated to new stuff since, which looks great. I like the panels. As far as the tubes go, they perform like on day one after about 6 years, no wear and tear (water/ rust/ calcium marks) at all.

They have heaps and heaps of control options, I use the 24hr. programable controller. I'm pretty sure the new version has an app.

1 hour ago, Skippy said:

I'd recommend checking out some online reviews of their products.

Yes, definately, I have the old controller box and I think it''s quality mediocre. A mate has the newer version control box, I will have a chat and try to compare.

I'll try to post a pic - never done that before 😕

• Thanks 1

@Beaz Thanks mate .. very much appreciate your help. Just found a YouTube video and looks good. Also found a 10% off voucher so I might jump in and get some once I have had a chance to read some reviews etc. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, MattG_Sydney said:

@Beaz Thanks mate .. very much appreciate your help. Just found a YouTube video and looks good. Also found a 10% off voucher so I might jump in and get some once I have had a chance to read some reviews etc. 

This is the video I was thinking of  

• Like 1

In this vid he has no R/G/B tube (I think?). You have to have one of those for the full spectrum / night mode feature. I got myself 2 tubes - one R/G/B, and one white (cannot remember the specs on the white one), I have these at 3 ft. on my 5 ft. tank at under 50% power and they grow plants low tech for me fine. I used to have the lights on a 3 fter and the light output was Awesome. If you order from them, I highly reccomend the R/G/B tube too.

Edited by Beaz

@Skippy Thanks mate ... I think these athese tubes.. They also make LED panels ones. I was looking at them. I came across the Fluval Planted aquarium 3.0 units. They seem to be good based on YouTube reviews.

@Beaz Thanks for the tip mate. 

Cheers M 

I bought 4 makemyled lights, 3 full spectrum planted and a 10k along with light controllers, stands etc. Did 3 planted spectrum for my top tank  (which was planted)and the bottom tank which had Tanganyikan's  ended up with the 10k. His new stuff may be ok (dont know) but his older stuff is garbage. I got little customer support because it was a couple of years of use. I get it...it was outside 12 months of use (so I was told as well as being told that the drivers he was using at the time were faulty/unreliable). Would I blow quite a sizeable sum of money on these lights again...well no.

Its not often I feel I was ripped but this wasn't one product failure, but 4 all in short succession by MMLED. Each section of every light failed in the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJF0TO_Vvko

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Update

I bought the Fluval Planted 3.0 LED light for my set up. I will use it and provide an update in a few weeks. 

Thanks all for all your help.. 

Cheers M

• Like 1

Hey @Slipshodman

I will definitely let you know.. It looks good on paper and the YouTube reviews looks good. It is IP67 again on paper. 

Rating details here 

Light spec here 

TBH I looked at a few other lights such as AI, Kessil, Echo etc etc.. Fluval is comparatively is the best bang for buck...

Edited by MattG_Sydney