From the ashes....

ViS

Hey everyone, yes I am still alive and no, I have not been keeping fish lately.

That may however be about to change. I am considering setting up a modest tank for display. I am thinking perhaps a 4-5 ft, standard width, and perhaps a bit taller than standard.

I am severely out of touch with what's around and nice at the moment, but am starting to do some research. 

I am unlucky that I am not living in NSW any more, knowing the people who might have the fish I need, but lucky that now I am in Adelaide, I am nice and close to E4G13M4N Mark's shop (which is really good btw).

I am thinking either a busy bright tank full of msobo or saulosi, or an interesting tank with shellies down low and some mid / upper Tangs. 

I'd love to hear some ideas and find out what cool stuff is out there these days.

Cheers

Andy

Geez haven’t seen this name posting in the forum for a long time. I live in Adelaide and can assure you aggies is the only store worth going to for cichlids here and have been for 20 years. Been goin there since I was a child and they still have one of the best varieties and don’t try to sell deformed crap like everywhere else. 

• 1 month later...

G'Day Andy,

How you liking Adelaide? I wish I could offer you some help/advice but i've been fishless for a number of years now also. I randomly got the itch in the last week but with my other hobby (Racing RC Cars) it just isn't possible. I'd agree with Benno though, the LFS's have fallen off the face of the earth and Aggies is the only shop i'd go too.

Ant