RLSS Waveline DC Pumps?

Lonx

Just checking in to see if anyone has had an experience with the RLSS Waveline DC water pumps? Having just set my larger tank back up, the idea of chewing half the power for the pump is tempting. I'm running 5kL/hr at the moment so would probably spring for the DC-6000 and then only dial it back as needed to tune the overflow.

Even their DC-4000 is tempting... 36W for 4kL/hr? Damn :)

On 2/27/2018 at 2:52 PM, mjoconr said:

I have two of these running right now a dc-4000 and dc-6000. Boh have been runing well over 2 years. So good pumps.

Thanks for the reply. Did you have AC pumps before? If so, how much quieter in relative terms?

The Eheim Compact+ 5000 I was supplied (in the kit for the tank) was so loud that we would never have been able to sleep. It was causing the whole house to vibrate. So yes the DC pumps are much better.

I would not say an Eheim compact vibrates the house down, I would not even say my or the Eheim 5000 is loud.  However the larger Eheim's do emit a low frequency hum which will pass through gyrock/dry walls and at 2am this low frequency noise is annoying and will keep many people awake.  I use my Eheim as a water change pump now and upgraded to a Dragon variable pump, expensive but at 2am I only hear the noise of trickling water.

Another positive factor for a DC pump is the Eheim would use 75-80ish watts, but I run the Dragon at 40ish watts, obvious savings there over the Eheim but at the Dragon price point 40watts is a very long payback time.

Archived