Waste in cyps

Bradc

Anyone have an things that have worked to cure waste in cyprichromis? I lost a cyp today and i believe i have about 3 more that may have it. Not sure about what has caused it as water is A1. Some have suggested temp swings but im not sure.

Ive read iodine dosing can help. Looking after any suggestions really im at abit of a loss dont wanna loose more $$ worth of fish.

There are a lot of theories about the cause/causes.

Do you use homemade buffers/salts, or one of the cheaper commercial brands?  One possibility is too high a level of magnesium or sodium in the water.  Either of these could potentially impact your fish.

What are you feeding? They seem to need a relatively high protein diet. 

I feed what ever powder andrew from labyrinth gave me when i bought them cant remember brand sorry. I also feed dianichi xl pro grow pellets also brine shrimp. I use continuum to buffer the ph and hardness of my water.

I feed usually 2 or 3 times a day but have figured out thats probably not enough.

Water parameters are.

Nitrates never go over 20ppm but vary depending on how many times a week i feed the brine. Seems to raise the nitrates more.

Ammonia 0

Nitrite 0

Ph 8.8

Kh around 20

Gh around 18 depending on how much of a heap i do of the teaspoons with the continuum. My tap water is around that 7.8 to 8 level and gh and kh of about 15 so i dont use alot really.

I do 2 water changes a week of 50% and just temp match as close as i can with my hands.

Archived