Large tanks and rental properties

benno

Hey guys, just wanting to hear from fish keepers who are currently living in rental properties with lots of tanks and large tanks of 6 feet and over. 

Just wondering how this usually goes down with landlords and real estate agents when rather large bodies of water get set up in they're properties?

would love to hear stories and opinions as we are shifting places soon and I'm dying to get my 6x2 back up and running(has been sitting in a storage facility for some time) as well as something quite larger down the track and possibly a breeding rack. Just wondering how it may go down. Obviously thre is insurance etc to safe guard against accidents and disasters. Curious to hear about other renters experiences. Unfortunately buying is not really an option at the moment. 

Cheers in advance. 

I never asked about it when I used to rent. I also never had an issue with a tank causing problems. 

Iv never had a problem, even had the landlord come help me re enforce the floor in the old place lol.

Now i have 6 tanks running in the garage and a 4ft inside and despite the agents in general being a bunch of spankers, the lady actually loves checking out the fish when she does an inspection. 

Uaually you wont have to many dramas with agents ok'ing fish tanks, so long as its not on carpet id say.

We have the fish and a dog in a 3yr old house amd no dramas.........just cant have pot plants......go figure.

Archived