Fish Deaths due to heat?

300Magnum

How is everyone going with the heat at the moment.  My tanks in the garage are getting to around 29 to 30 deg during the day, so hopefully the fish will be ok.  I will be putting a few plastic bottles in the freezer to cool the tanks.  I lost one of my red empress females last night, but not sure if it was because of the water temp or something else?

When treating white spot I run the tank at 30deg C, but thats consistent over a few weeks. I suggest that if your having deaths then issue might be O2 levels.

My biggest issue with tropical tanks has been fish dieing because my O2 levels where to low.

So maybe look at that as an issue.

Mike

• 1 month later...

Hi sorry it might be a bit late for this reply, I just joined the forum. I found my fish at the surface one evening when I returned home from work looking like they were panting. What I found worked really well was I drained about 5 cm of water and lifted my spray bar (and propped it up so it couldn't slide down the glass), it is super noisy but it must have put a lot of oxygen in the tank as all the fish returned to normal in the morning. Though someone with more experience could confirm if this solution works or I was just lucky.

Archived