wondering how many c.furcifer magara can i put in a 1000l

mic75

Yeah,,,, it's always a gamble like that.

But all you need is one female holding, and you grow those fry out for a proper colony.

3-5cm x 15 always Increases better chances.

Now as for shipping, it may not be as bad (maybe),,,,

Sacrificial cheap fish can be added to the chosen ordered fish.

The percentage of fish they need to kill for testing will be the cheap fish.

So the importers that do choose to keep importing will have to add the cost of the cheap fish to the buyer (us).

So I suspect a 30 x fish at $800 order will go up by say, no more than $20.

Saying that,,,, I don't know of any type of inspection charge, and if it did,,,, that would get passed down to us.

Our local shop owner in Perth that imports posted this on pcs below, which I cut and paste.

Changes are definitely going ahead on the 1st March... what difference it makes to prices etc remains to be seen. They are apparently allowing the use of "sentinel" fish for testing so you can keep some cheap cichlids in the same water as the expensive ones before shipping then test the cheap ones rather than the expensive ones...

Would be good if they actually culled a cheap fish. But we just need more importers. I know a local shop is setting up a quarantine section. Though not sure how much of a profit they will need to add on to the price.

Agreed with previous - not a Magara. Could be Nkondwe, Kekese (if rainbow), Moliro (if gets green) or Kanoni (but yours has dorsal pattern). I have not seen Kekese in the flesh but have the others.

Nice fish you have esp. during display dress, but remember you can get variations amongst the same population. Great they are breeding for you too!

Here are a couple of pics from Nkondwe Is. last trip. There was an algae bloom so viz was not the best plus no filter or strong light on the Gpro. These were seen deeper than O. boops and massive Cyp colonies but I did see some in shallower depths also.

The link that Chris put up is a pic by Tim Nurse who was my dive buddy on that trip in 2003. Same featherfin types still swim there on my last trip 2014, just less boops and Tropheus....

Fit as many as you like, just observe for any conflicts and stress and remove to another tank (spare 1000L lol) before any damage. But 12 is comfortable by the time they get growing; plenty of free space for swimming and digging - looks like you have nailed that part already :)

Your fishfoai%20_zpsd96obqdx.png

Recent trip

foai%20nkwondwe2_zpshtqu65x5.jpg

same fish

foai%20nkondwe%20copy_zpsxeqwmna2.jpg

Archived