which water conditioner to use?

Mattzilla

ok so i have been using Aqua Star to treat my tap water for years and it seems to no longer be available from Age of Aquariums, and i can't find it anywhere else.

I've been very happy with it but need something asap as i'm almost out. It's quite strong and has worked very well with me for a long time.

I'm looking for suggestions on what else to use please.

Aqua Star claims to

• Aqua Star acts fast. Within Minutes, it neutralizes chlorine, chloramine,
  • toxic ammonia and heavy metals, making tap water safe for fish. Adds protective Slime coating.
  • Aqua Star can also be used to reduce dangerous ammonia levels in established aquariums or when transporting fish.
  • Neutralizes 5ppm chlorine, 2ppm chloramine, 1ppm ammonia.

I have used Prime before but found aqua star to be better (less fish loss especially when breeding and growing out fry).

Thanks in advance.

I use fraction and it seems to do the job as well as any other. Like everyone else says, Prime is also very good. I have never heard of people losing fish though while treating chlorine with Prime.

If you have ammonia problems you are better off doing water changes to dilute ammonia than Prime or equivalent chemicals. The only time I personally rely on water conditioner for ammonia is freighting fish.

Archived