What catfish

Chuckmeister

Just rang up the lfs and in perth atm we have these available in retail.

There is no doubt more privately.

L168 - 85

L104 - 85

L397 - 60

L144 - ? forgot to ask. Bristlenose are cheap though.

L002 - 70

L046 - 800

L007 - 180

L002 - 65

L066 - 110

I'm at a stage where I'd like to put some L's in my planted tank.

I'd like L046 but 800 dollars is too high. When I asked if they could get half a dozen she laughed and said yeah he has heaps. Sealed the deal not to purchase them for a few more years. They are a pretty catfish but for me the interest was the rarity and challenge in Aus to breed them. Might buy some when they come down to the 100-200 dollar range and a few other people are breeding them.

Would love some L007 (vampire pleco) but they grow too large for a 5 foot planted tank.

Really like the 397 (also the cheapest) and the 066. Happy to pay 60 bucks for the 397 but not sure on the price on the 066 as I remember there used to be a heap around.

What would you guys choose from that list?

Does anyone else know of Other L numbers available in Aus atm?

opinions on prices?

Hi Chuck,

L397's hide most of time and smash through wood so would destory your lovely timber. I would be tempted to have a go l333's (very hardy fish once they start), l066's, l201's or l134's. All have been around for while ominous and reasonably hardy.

Cheers

Rosco

Do you guys have any links to any useful FB pages that are worth a look at.

Not familiar with facebook...probably the only person on the planet that has never signed up :p

Btw you are not alone there I don't use face-tube or twit-book. ;)

Cheers

Rosco

Thanks Simy, yeah I saw those ones at subiaco today as well. I'd likely get mine at close to that from my local fish shop if I flutter my eyelashes hard enough lol.

I'd love those 201's, thanks Link though I dont like the chances as they seem harder to find than others.

The leopard Frogs look awesome too. made a call to see if I can get some today. Fingers crossed.

Thanks for the heads up on the 397's Rosco. Most catties are fairly private but I'd rather get something a bit more outgoing than flat out hiding lol

I have a gold spot pleco that is 30cm+ and I dont think I've seen it since its been in my tank...rotten swine lol I see other peoples and they hand feed them...oh well.

• 3 weeks later...

I got some 397 and 168 off Pacco a couple of weeks ago (was what he had at the time) and next week have 134's and 201's coming from Sydney.

I may buy another 4x2x2 or something and maybe chase down a small group of l046. Not really sure at this stage as I want to set up a racing simulator as well for when gran turismo comes out :p

There is another shop in perth selling L270 cheap as well...never have enough tanks lol

Yellow.. Not a huge L number keeping community in NSW.. You may find some of the smaller boutique aquarium shops (Lets face it, every shop in NSW is small compared to Perth)

I know Something Fishy in Prestons always have a little variety of L numbers..

• 1 month later...

Archived