Geophagus sp.

myster619

Pics aren't the best, but either brachys or rio Branco. Rio Branco will have diagonal stripes and brachys more vertical. Lateral spot is different too. There is a documented crossing of the two species.

IMO geos will eat all the food, before discus can get their fill.

sorry guys trying to do video

Alex if you copy the IMG option in the "share video" of Photobucket. The past this into your post it will display an image of the video that people can click on to take them to your video.

I am currently working on have them play directly in the forum like YouTube.

Anyone know of anyone that has G. balzani around?

There was very low numbers a while ago, but i believe there is none left in the country unfortunately.

At what size do geophagus tapajos start showing some orange head colour?

They should start to show orange quite early probably around 4-5cm, depends on quality aswell.

• 2 weeks later...

Same as everything, they fluctuate with how popular they are at the time. Main issue in Australia is difficulty to find quality fish, as we are working on old stock, and mostly fish which have probably been interbred.

• 2 months later...

I know where there are some argyrostictus, heckeli, rio branco, steindachneri, leucosticta and maybe a few more.

PM for details ;)

Hello Ronny, I tried sending you a message but I can't for some reason. Can you PM me?

Paul.

Im after good quality sp Tapajos for a Rio Tapajos biotope, does anyone know where i could get good quality, true Tapajos? ive contacted Smiths Aquarium, and they say they have some available, but this thread makes me uncertain as to whether they actually have G. sp Tapajos.

Im after Wild Dicrossus maculatus too...

Are Geos still importable? i guess if D. maculatus can be imported then they should be? dunno about the collection points though so, who knows?