Cyathopharynx foai Cape Kabogo

seacow

Hi mike do you mean cape kabogo or is there a cape kabooga as well I have some juvs of cape kabogo growing up but only about 3cm ATM so won't be much good for your females for a while yet cheers Gary

Hi Mike,

yeah it does make it a little confusing sometimes. I am pretty sure I have the foai kabogo, but happy to be corrected. These are the males displaying a couple of days ago.

Cheers

Gary

IMG_0328_zps7eca8113.jpg

Yes ciclid fry they r the ones mine r foai andcyes spelt your way .never could write it rite .I got mine from phycofoai ned 3 years ago how long till they r redy and how much .im in adelaide so aae would need to happen .pm me if that will help .thanks for getting back .or have u a spare male ;)

Thanks Gary.... they are doing fantastic. Male is stunning in full colour. Couldn't be happier with them :)

Seacow can recommend cichlid fry's (Gary) foai as I got mine from him ;)

Cheers,

Jason

hey guys

just made my day. been waiting for pics of the kabogo to show up for ages. they look amazing and looks like they are kept really well.

azfish, i think thats a pic of their grandad...lol

really like the cape kabogo foai, good to see they are still kickin.

cheers ned

Hi Ned,

I know I have been a bit slack. Been meaning to get some pics of your fish but they kept displaying at the wrong times and didn't get around to it. Nevertheless, they are top quality fish and one of my favourite. From the 24 I got off you, there were 6 males and 18 females (good ratio) so I sold half to Jason. Now got quite a few juvs growing up so should be a few more around in the future.

Regards and thanks.

Gary

Hi ned hard man to find .great to here you still are around not left the hobby .as u see im getting 10 of greg so im stocked to finally get some boys into the girls I have left

Cheers mike

http://s145.photobucket.com/user/BurtBouvier/media/Kabogo002-1.mp4.html

Another quick video. Skip to the 48sec mark and you'll see what he looks like when the sun hits him on the right angle ;)

Very impressed with these fish!! I've kept karalani copper and sibwesa before and this male loses nothing to them. The copper colour is very pronounced especially during courting.

Kabogo007.jpg

Kabogo006.jpg

hi all

thanks guys. would love to see a vid of the kapampa foai.

have been a bit confused with what the kapampa actually looks like??? i have seen a vid on youtube of a kapampa but looks totally different to what is in australia. both stunning but which is an actual kapampa?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClW6TiNMS_I

this is the vid im talking about. on the flip side i have seen pics that look like the fish here in australia also called a kapampa foai.

just being curious hope you guys dont mind me asking the question.

cheers ned

hi shannon

thats the problem, the foai in the video is the same or close enough to the foai described and photographed by ad konings?

i dont think one of them is a furcifer as they both have the dark characteristics of the foai.

oh well still confused, both bloody nice fish all the same.

cheers ned

Ned,

I really hope I'm not getting myself into trouble here.... this is a photo of the foai kapampa which are F1 fry from my friends wilds. I didn't take this photo but I know who did so I'm using some caution and not mentioning their name (I've sent a PM to inform them I've used the photo). These are fry grown up from my friends wilds of which my colony are a younger batch form the same wild colony. Mine are around the 7-8cm size and just starting to show some colour. This photo is an absolute cracker!!

32vs_zps15e9d70d.jpg

Archived